Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Quote, UnQuote... Secondary

Like to get personal as regards the TOSSS awardees? Here are some Quotes from their write-ups....

"I want my school and Passi City to be proud of me. Passi National High School is a school of excellence. It is proper for me to repay it with excellence. As one of the city councilors of Passi City (SKF President), I believe that my being an Outstanding Student of Iloilo awardee will inspire and boost the morale of my fellow youth in the city." - Stephen John B. Palomaria, Passi National High School (Nescel Panes – Coach)

"Being nominated by my school in the most prestigious competition in the province is such a great honor. It makes me proud of my school and also my hard work in the academics and co-curricular activities." - Rosa Lea Baldevarona, University of the Philippines High School in Iloilo (Dominique J. Maquiran, Dolores H. Jardeleza – Coaches)

" Even if I am only sixteen, I believe that I have already achieved the greatest success in my life - and that is to stand as a leader, to inspire, and to motivate other people. It gives me a happy feeling to know that at this age, I have already discovered my purpose - to serve and to touch the lives of other people." - Stella Mariedith Leda, Lambunao National High School (Mrs. Luela L. Almeria – Coach )

" I am a religious person armed with morals and values which are strengthened by the Values Education so strictly implemented in our school." - Paul Vincent Bayona, St. Paul School, Barotac Nuevo (Venus Jasmine S. Bayona – Coach)

"I am not only academically proficient. I am also engaged in sports. I am a member of our school's Basketball Varsity Team." - Cornelius Csar Jude Salinas, Westbridge School for Boys (Mr. Laurence Soteo –Coach)

" My father has been working abroad since I was in kindergarten, so I grew up without a father beside me. But I am sure that my father is doing this for our family. I grabbed the opportunity to join this Search because of my father - for him to know that I value and I appreciate every sweat and blood he had sacrificed for us, his family." - Rose Ann Garces, Guimbal National High School (Mrs. Salvacion T. Sanggalang – Coach)

"Just a month ago, I was voted by my class as 'Class Valedictorian', a.k.a. 'Most Likely To Succeed In Life'. It was really for fun and games - a little gimmick our class adviser thought up to highlight our Christmas Party. But really, I took it seriously!" Stephanie Keiko Enarbia, Ateneo de Iloilo / Sta. Maria Catholic School (Engr. Herman Lagon – Coach)

" To be one of the 10 Outstanding Secondary School Students of Iloilo is my dream." - Quennie Lyn S. Umadhay, Sta. Barbara National Comprehensive High School (Mrs. Milagros P. Somosa – Coach)

"I have proven myself to be versatile. I was active in joining quiz bees, be it in Mathematics, Science , and History. I became a division champion this year. And I represented our division in the Regional Level." - Beverly Ann De la Vega, Lalandoni Memorial National High School (Mrs. Josefina T. Lindong – Coach)

No comments:

Followers